Salt Lake City
Technology Account Executive
Do you enjoy finding ways to leverage trending news for client storytelling? Are you a team player that gets excited about developing creative content? Can you keep yourself and other team members on track against deadlines?
We’re looking for an Account Executive to support clients focused on disruptive and established technologies. Accounts range from solar energy and energy storage to cybersecurity and IoT.
You will play a vital role in managing media relations, writing client materials, and helping inform communications strategy with research and analysis. As an Account Executive at Silverline, you should be well-organized, adaptable and self-starting. We are especially seeking candidates that are curious about the world around them including new technologies, business trends and evolving digital communications and analytical tools. Attention to detail is essential. If you’re looking for a home to grow your career and begin to take on new responsibilities after mastering the basics, we’d love to meet you.
- Mastery of account/client management, research, writing, media/analyst relations, and digital fluency sets the groundwork for becoming a valued and trusted resource for our clients and paving the path for you to become a leader for our agency
- Creates, engages, develops, and leads people and integrated teams by establishing common ground and aligning on the shared vision to do inspiring work. Finds, develops, and mentors talent in others and themselves.
- An ambassador of Silverline Communications within the agency and the community. Builds effective relationships with business partners, prospects and key stakeholders.
- Consistently manages time, meets deadlines and is solution oriented. Understand client priorities and ‘big picture’ growth opportunities. Demonstrates an understanding of Silverline capabilities and resources and how to apply them strategically.
- Endeavors to be a student of business in general; is aware of allocations, over-servicing, and general financial policies
- Supports and contributes to a collaborative environment where creative work and ideas can flourish.
- Seeks insight before recommending solutions. Aware of current and emerging data analytic tools and programs in our clients’ industry that drive and inform business solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience. Degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field preferred
- 5-3 years’ experience in public relations (agency or corporate), marketing communications journalism (e.g. related trade publication) or related field
- Solid understanding of client/industry products, issues and trends, newsroom
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player to solve problems proactively and obtain results
- Excellent time management skills and proven success at juggling conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated creativity/innovation. Has offered fresh ideas for client or internal work. Able to integrate creativity and research into account activity
- Excellent public relations skills. Good understanding of PR concepts, tactics and tools and proven track record for using them effectively
- Excellent media relations skills. Has developed some media connections/ contacts/relationships and possesses the skills to develop ongoing relationships at increasingly senior levels
- Excellent written communication skills. Can display a portfolio of well-written writing samples.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits package based on experience
- Fun, flexible and collaborative work environment
If you are interested in applying for this job, fill out the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.