Do you enjoy figuring out where the news cycle is going before everyone else? Are you a team player that gets excited about developing creative content? Can you keep yourself and other team members on track against deadlines?
Our fast-growth agency is looking for a Content Director to support clients focused on disruptive and established technologies. Content topics range from solar energy and energy storage to cybersecurity and IoT.
We hire exceptional people for our headquarters just outside of Washington, D.C., and other U.S. locations in Chicago and Salt Lake City.
You will play a vital role in the development of client materials, including short and long form pieces such as op-eds, media toolkits, messaging documents and targeted media pitches. As the content lead at Silverline, you should be well-organized, adaptable and self-starting. We are especially seeking candidates who have public policy, advocacy and/or corporate technology backgrounds. Attention to detail is essential. If you’re looking for a home to grow your career and begin to take on new responsibilities, we’d love to meet you.
- Mastery of writing and editing fundamentals, as well as media/analyst relations; digital fluency a plus, as is the ability to set the groundwork for becoming a valued and trusted resource for our clients and paving the path for leadership across our agency
- Ability to oversee content strategy and execution across multiple formats and channels to ensure it aligns with organization goals and objectives
- Provide editorial direction and manage review processes; set roles and responsibilities for this expanding team as the agency grows
- Experience developing or implementing an organization-wide style guide
- Capable of building effective relationships with key stakeholders, prospects or business partners
- Consistently manage time, meet deadlines and remains solution oriented; able to focus on the ‘big picture’ growth opportunities
- Familiarity with business in general and an awareness of resource allocations, over-servicing, and general financial policies
- Supports and contributes to a collaborative environment where creative work and ideas can flourish
- Aware of current and emerging data analytic tools and programs in our clients’ industry that drive and inform business solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience. Degree in journalism, communications or related field preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in journalism, corporate or non-profit content development or related field
- Solid understanding of industry news cycles, issues and trends
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team player to solve problems proactively and obtain results
- Excellent time management skills and proven success at juggling conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated creativity/innovation by offering unique stories and narratives for stakeholders/readership
- Excellent written communication skills. Can display a portfolio of well-written writing samples.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and benefits package based on experience
- Fun, flexible and collaborative work environment
If you are interested in applying for this job, fill out the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.