Do you LOVE tech? Do you want to work with leading brands disrupting the tech industry?
Silverline Communications, a public relations agency located in the DC area, is looking for a Senior Account Executive to support clients focused on disruptive and established technologies. Accounts range from cybersecurity, 5G tech to renewable energy. You will help plan and execute projects in ways that meet clients’ needs and help drive business performance.
In this role, you should be well-organized and adaptable. Attention to detail and communication skills are both essential. If you also have experience with B2b tech on the corporate or agency side, we’d like to meet you.
Your goal will be to understand the markets our clients work in and ensure we provide excellent service to our clients.
- Execute and project manage communications plans, product introduction strategies and special events, including budget tracking, material preparation, etc.
- Serve as primary traffic manager for client accounts
- Work with team and practice leads to apply research and analysis to programs
- Prepare background to support business growth
- Gather data for clients’ competitive analyses
- Assist with management of reporting platform vendor
- Draft “client ready” material with minimal supervision
- Draft press releases, corporate backgrounders, case studies, byline articles, feature writing. E-mail pitches/letters
- Nurture solid relationships with media and industry analysts
- Pitch to major media, trades, nationals, newspapers and manage team members to deliver results
- Arrange and participate in press and analyst interviews and tours
Social Media Support
- Manage social community engagement programs across multiple platforms
- Manage paid media campaigns
- Create reports and develop analysis/insights
- Serve as day to day contact for multiple levels within client team.
- Provide proactive counsel regarding issues, trends competitive climate, public relations strategy, etc.
Performs additional related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience. Degree in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or related field preferred
- 5 years experience in public relations (agency or corporate), marketing communications journalism (e.g. related trade publication) or related field
- Solid understanding of client/industry products, issues and trends, newsroom
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player to solve problems proactively and obtain results
- Excellent time management skills and proven success at juggling conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated creativity/innovation. Has offered fresh ideas for client or internal work. Able to integrate creativity and research into account activity
- Excellent public relations skills. Good understanding of PR concepts, tactics and tools and proven track record for using them effectively
- Excellent media relations skills. Has developed some media connections/ contacts/relationships and possesses the skills to develop ongoing relationships at increasingly senior levels
- Excellent written communication skills. Can display a portfolio of well-written writing samples
- Digital proficiency with LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook