Career moves made by media and influencers in the industry
Moves as of January 21, 2020
- Russell Gold, senior energy reporter at Wall Street Journal, is now covering the climate and business beats.
- Kevin Delaney, who left his position as editor and co-CEO of Quartz in October, is joining the New York Times Opinion department where he will lead what Times editorial page director James Bennet is calling “the department’s next big project.”
- Katherine Bell has stepped into the editor-in-chief slot at Quartz. She most recently served as editor-in-chief of Barron’s magazine.
- Lauren Sommer joined NPR as a climate correspondent, making the move from NPR’s San Francisco affiliate KQED News.
Moves as of January 7, 2020
- Christian Roselund is now the editorial director for Rocky Mountain Institute. He served as the US editor for pv magazine from 2014 to 2019.
- Kate Clark has joined The Information as a reporter covering early-stage startups and venture capital. She previously covered the same beat at TechCrunch.
- Jackie Toth has joined Third Way Energy to help advise on policy and content for innovative solutions to tackle the climate crisis. She was formerly an energy reporter at Morning Consult.
- Shira Ovide will be starting a new tech newsletter at The New York Times later this month. She currently writes about technology for Bloomberg Opinion.